02 December 2011, 14:00
Athlete from Kizlyar is world champion in kickboxing
At the world championship in kickboxing, which has ended in Dublin, Ramazan Razakov, an athlete from Dagestan, brought a gold medal to the stock of the Russia national team.
The athlete from Kizlyar fought in the full-contact section and won the world title in the weight category of 54 kg.
At the world championships, which took place in Ireland on November 19-27, the Russian team won nine gold medals and took the first place in the team event, says a statement posted on the website of the Russian Kickboxing Federation.
The Russians, who performed in the full-contact section, managed to repeat the success of their fellow athletes who fought in sections of K-1, light-contact and low-kick, and who managed – at the October world championship in Macedonia to win the first team place.
In Macedonia, the Russian team won 22 gold medals in three sections of kickboxing. Dagestanis were also among October champions – Suleiman Magomedov (weight category of 86 kg) and Shamil Abdulmadjidov (67 kg), the RIA "Dagestan" reports.
According to Magomed Magomedov, President of the Kickboxing Federation of Dagestan, despite its non-Olympic status, kickboxing is very popular among local fighters, the "Dagestanskaya Pravda" writes.
- Zatulin: Khajimba and Bjaniya have best chances of reaching second round at presidential election in Abkhazia
- In Dagestan, "Yabloko" regional leader refuses to complain about law enforcers' action during his detention
- UN experts call on Azerbaijani government to stop prosecuting rights defenders
- Sovietskiy District of Makhachkala put under CTO regime
- Alvi Karimov: Ramzan Kadyrov never lost his mobile phone
- Dagestan: Gasanov's advocate complains about investigators' inaction
- 12 parties registered by North-Ossetian CEC to run for Vladikavkaz City Duma
- Defence in Akhmedilov's murder challenges court's refusal to return case to Prosecutor's Office
- In Chechnya, law enforcers question more HRC "Memorial": over 1000 interrogated after Kadyrov lost his mobile phone
- AI recognizes Kerimli brothers arrested in Azerbaijan prisoners of conscience