02 December 2011, 14:00
Athlete from Kizlyar is world champion in kickboxing
At the world championship in kickboxing, which has ended in Dublin, Ramazan Razakov, an athlete from Dagestan, brought a gold medal to the stock of the Russia national team.
The athlete from Kizlyar fought in the full-contact section and won the world title in the weight category of 54 kg.
At the world championships, which took place in Ireland on November 19-27, the Russian team won nine gold medals and took the first place in the team event, says a statement posted on the website of the Russian Kickboxing Federation.
The Russians, who performed in the full-contact section, managed to repeat the success of their fellow athletes who fought in sections of K-1, light-contact and low-kick, and who managed – at the October world championship in Macedonia to win the first team place.
In Macedonia, the Russian team won 22 gold medals in three sections of kickboxing. Dagestanis were also among October champions – Suleiman Magomedov (weight category of 86 kg) and Shamil Abdulmadjidov (67 kg), the RIA "Dagestan" reports.
According to Magomed Magomedov, President of the Kickboxing Federation of Dagestan, despite its non-Olympic status, kickboxing is very popular among local fighters, the "Dagestanskaya Pravda" writes.
- Residents of "Olympic" settlement in Sochi state its poor condition
- Shakhban Gasanov killed in special operation in Khasavyurt
- Russians have more trust in Kadyrov
- Darya Polyudova complains to ECtHR against her arrest
- Rights defenders state violations of Chechens' and Ingushes' rights in Russian prisons
- Rights defenders are concerned about absence of check of Dadaev's statements about torture
- Consideration of Evgeny Vitishko's motion on CER rescheduled for April 15
- Investigators question Boris Nemtsov's son within his father's murder case
- Advocates of convicts in Akhmedilov's murder case intend to challenge verdict of guilty
- Sociologists explain Russians' optimism towards situation in Northern Caucasus by reduction of criticism in media