02 December 2011, 14:00
Athlete from Kizlyar is world champion in kickboxing
At the world championship in kickboxing, which has ended in Dublin, Ramazan Razakov, an athlete from Dagestan, brought a gold medal to the stock of the Russia national team.
The athlete from Kizlyar fought in the full-contact section and won the world title in the weight category of 54 kg.
At the world championships, which took place in Ireland on November 19-27, the Russian team won nine gold medals and took the first place in the team event, says a statement posted on the website of the Russian Kickboxing Federation.
The Russians, who performed in the full-contact section, managed to repeat the success of their fellow athletes who fought in sections of K-1, light-contact and low-kick, and who managed – at the October world championship in Macedonia to win the first team place.
In Macedonia, the Russian team won 22 gold medals in three sections of kickboxing. Dagestanis were also among October champions – Suleiman Magomedov (weight category of 86 kg) and Shamil Abdulmadjidov (67 kg), the RIA "Dagestan" reports.
According to Magomed Magomedov, President of the Kickboxing Federation of Dagestan, despite its non-Olympic status, kickboxing is very popular among local fighters, the "Dagestanskaya Pravda" writes.
- Court session on suit of Chechen MIA against Amriev who stated torture by police postponed till December 25
- Hassan Zakayev, native of Chechnya, suspected of aiding organizers of Dubrovka terror act in Moscow
- Court session on MoJ's lawsuit on liquidation of "Memorial" postponed at request of rights defenders
- In Chechnya, case of Khasan Edilkhanov accused of involvement in war in Syria sent to court
- Power agents' actions did not interfere with work of authorities, Khasavyurt administration asserts
- AI announces journalist Khadija Ismayilova to be "prisoner of conscience"
- In Moscow, participants of Journalists' Memorial Day paid tribute to Akhmednabiyev and Kuashev
- In Armenia, rights defenders state prisons are overcrowded
- Broadcasting of radio "Echo Moskvy-Makhachkala" resumed in Dagestan
- Experts doubt about reduced tension in Dagestan after murder of Murad Zalitinov