02 December 2011, 14:00
Athlete from Kizlyar is world champion in kickboxing
At the world championship in kickboxing, which has ended in Dublin, Ramazan Razakov, an athlete from Dagestan, brought a gold medal to the stock of the Russia national team.
The athlete from Kizlyar fought in the full-contact section and won the world title in the weight category of 54 kg.
At the world championships, which took place in Ireland on November 19-27, the Russian team won nine gold medals and took the first place in the team event, says a statement posted on the website of the Russian Kickboxing Federation.
The Russians, who performed in the full-contact section, managed to repeat the success of their fellow athletes who fought in sections of K-1, light-contact and low-kick, and who managed – at the October world championship in Macedonia to win the first team place.
In Macedonia, the Russian team won 22 gold medals in three sections of kickboxing. Dagestanis were also among October champions – Suleiman Magomedov (weight category of 86 kg) and Shamil Abdulmadjidov (67 kg), the RIA "Dagestan" reports.
According to Magomed Magomedov, President of the Kickboxing Federation of Dagestan, despite its non-Olympic status, kickboxing is very popular among local fighters, the "Dagestanskaya Pravda" writes.
- Head of Committee "Mothers from Kuma River Area" detained in Stavropol Territory released
- Residents of Vremenny complain to Ramazan Abdulatipov about law enforcers' actions
- ICRF: killed Aliskhanov was plotting attempt on policemen on eve of to terror act in Grozny
- MIA reports killing of organizer of terror act in Grozny
- Relatives of Elshan Salikhov, killed in Derbent, deny his involvement in militants' activities
- Shamil Gazaliev from Chechnya suspected of involvement in warfare in Syria
- Gimry resident reports detention of three suspected militants in Vremenny
- Volgograd: residents of Srednaya Akhtuba picket against expanded clay factories
- In Krasnodar, "Solidarity" activist stabbed because of his anti-Putin inscription
- Armenia: organizer of "Million Mask March" sentenced to six years of imprisonment