02 December 2011, 14:00
Athlete from Kizlyar is world champion in kickboxing
At the world championship in kickboxing, which has ended in Dublin, Ramazan Razakov, an athlete from Dagestan, brought a gold medal to the stock of the Russia national team.
The athlete from Kizlyar fought in the full-contact section and won the world title in the weight category of 54 kg.
At the world championships, which took place in Ireland on November 19-27, the Russian team won nine gold medals and took the first place in the team event, says a statement posted on the website of the Russian Kickboxing Federation.
The Russians, who performed in the full-contact section, managed to repeat the success of their fellow athletes who fought in sections of K-1, light-contact and low-kick, and who managed – at the October world championship in Macedonia to win the first team place.
In Macedonia, the Russian team won 22 gold medals in three sections of kickboxing. Dagestanis were also among October champions – Suleiman Magomedov (weight category of 86 kg) and Shamil Abdulmadjidov (67 kg), the RIA "Dagestan" reports.
According to Magomed Magomedov, President of the Kickboxing Federation of Dagestan, despite its non-Olympic status, kickboxing is very popular among local fighters, the "Dagestanskaya Pravda" writes.
- NKR states that Azerbaijan is constantly shelling the area of helicopter crash
- In Dagestan, meeting on Karaman ends in a brawl
- Azerbaijani journalist Mirkadyrov not released from prison after his arrest term
- Azerbaijan enacts amendments to the law on NGOs and grants
- Power agents are not engaged in mass persecution of believers in KChR, experts say
- Employees of Georgian Ombudsman report prisoners are beaten in Gldani Prison
- New bill on tapping brought into the Parliament of Georgia
- Dagestan: Ibragim Magomedov quits hunger strike in Karaman
- Two suspects of attacking Premier arrested in Abkhazia
- Dagestan rejects petition of Magomedov's defence to challenge the judge