02 December 2011, 14:00
Athlete from Kizlyar is world champion in kickboxing
At the world championship in kickboxing, which has ended in Dublin, Ramazan Razakov, an athlete from Dagestan, brought a gold medal to the stock of the Russia national team.
The athlete from Kizlyar fought in the full-contact section and won the world title in the weight category of 54 kg.
At the world championships, which took place in Ireland on November 19-27, the Russian team won nine gold medals and took the first place in the team event, says a statement posted on the website of the Russian Kickboxing Federation.
The Russians, who performed in the full-contact section, managed to repeat the success of their fellow athletes who fought in sections of K-1, light-contact and low-kick, and who managed – at the October world championship in Macedonia to win the first team place.
In Macedonia, the Russian team won 22 gold medals in three sections of kickboxing. Dagestanis were also among October champions – Suleiman Magomedov (weight category of 86 kg) and Shamil Abdulmadjidov (67 kg), the RIA "Dagestan" reports.
According to Magomed Magomedov, President of the Kickboxing Federation of Dagestan, despite its non-Olympic status, kickboxing is very popular among local fighters, the "Dagestanskaya Pravda" writes.
- Seven hunger-strikers continue demanding Abdulatipov's resignation
- In Volgograd, about 80 persons came to commemorate victims of political repressions
- In Azerbaijan, one of advocates is withdrawn from protection of rights of Leyla Yunus
- Azerbaijani filmmaker Eldaniz Guliev fined for libelling MIA head
- Defenders of sentenced Rostov journalist Alexander Tolmachov disagree with Court's verdict
- In Dagestan, District Court re-takes Patimat Nasibova into custody
- Native of Yeisk becomes defendant in case of private jet crash at Vnukovo Airport
- In Grozny, relatives of disappeared persons obtain 60 genetic passports
- Relatives of murdered rights defender Maksharip Aushev ask to transfer investigation to Ingushetia
- Natives of Northern Caucasus picket Pirogov Medical University in protest against ban on religious clothing